Iran’s nuclear agreement delayed for one week
The delay for finalization of the agreement was attributed to the fact that the deadline passed before the parties were able to agree on all the terms. US President Obama said that the agreement wouldn’t be finalized if all of Iran’s pathways to nuclear weapons weren’t blocked. Iran’s President Rouhani, meanwhile, commented that the agreement would be applicable only if the West keeps its promises. Rouhani also added that if an agreement is reached, all parties need to be committed to it.
If the agreement is to be finalized, this will be the biggest improvement in US and Iran relations since Iran’s Islamic revolution in 1979. The agreement will also drastically increase Iran’s economic ties with the international community.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns