Iran’s petchem exports reach 15 mil tons over 9 months
The reports indicated that the country manufactured about 37 million tons of petrochemicals and polymer products so far and exported 15 million tons of them, which is expected to increase even more after the negotiations with new markets for exports such as South America and Australia are complete.
Previously, the country had announced that it produced 29 million tons of petrochemicals in the first seven months and estimated its exports to reach 20 million tons by the end of this Iranian calendar year.
However, Iran’s production of petrochemicals is below its normal capacity, the reason for which is attributed to the requirement of feedstock, particularly ethane, as well as gas outages in some petrochemicals complexes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals
- European PVC loses premium over global markets; Oct calls for hikes