Iran’s petchem exports reach 15 mil tons over 9 months
The reports indicated that the country manufactured about 37 million tons of petrochemicals and polymer products so far and exported 15 million tons of them, which is expected to increase even more after the negotiations with new markets for exports such as South America and Australia are complete.
Previously, the country had announced that it produced 29 million tons of petrochemicals in the first seven months and estimated its exports to reach 20 million tons by the end of this Iranian calendar year.
However, Iran’s production of petrochemicals is below its normal capacity, the reason for which is attributed to the requirement of feedstock, particularly ethane, as well as gas outages in some petrochemicals complexes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye