Iran’s petchem exports reach 15 mil tons over 9 months
The reports indicated that the country manufactured about 37 million tons of petrochemicals and polymer products so far and exported 15 million tons of them, which is expected to increase even more after the negotiations with new markets for exports such as South America and Australia are complete.
Previously, the country had announced that it produced 29 million tons of petrochemicals in the first seven months and estimated its exports to reach 20 million tons by the end of this Iranian calendar year.
However, Iran’s production of petrochemicals is below its normal capacity, the reason for which is attributed to the requirement of feedstock, particularly ethane, as well as gas outages in some petrochemicals complexes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?