Iran’s petchem exports reach 15 mil tons over 9 months
The reports indicated that the country manufactured about 37 million tons of petrochemicals and polymer products so far and exported 15 million tons of them, which is expected to increase even more after the negotiations with new markets for exports such as South America and Australia are complete.
Previously, the country had announced that it produced 29 million tons of petrochemicals in the first seven months and estimated its exports to reach 20 million tons by the end of this Iranian calendar year.
However, Iran’s production of petrochemicals is below its normal capacity, the reason for which is attributed to the requirement of feedstock, particularly ethane, as well as gas outages in some petrochemicals complexes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons