Iran’s petchem exports reach 15 mil tons over 9 months
The reports indicated that the country manufactured about 37 million tons of petrochemicals and polymer products so far and exported 15 million tons of them, which is expected to increase even more after the negotiations with new markets for exports such as South America and Australia are complete.
Previously, the country had announced that it produced 29 million tons of petrochemicals in the first seven months and estimated its exports to reach 20 million tons by the end of this Iranian calendar year.
However, Iran’s production of petrochemicals is below its normal capacity, the reason for which is attributed to the requirement of feedstock, particularly ethane, as well as gas outages in some petrochemicals complexes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months
- Lockdown easing hopes help PE prices in Southeast Asia