Iran to establish petrochemical shipping firm
According to the plan put forward by Iran’s Petrochemical Commercial Company, petrochemical producers should collaborate on forming a joint shipping company to reduce shipment costs.
Iran’s domestic petrochemical producers reportedly spent $1.5 billion for the shipment of petrochemicals last year, which amounts to nearly 15% of the country’s exports revenue.
The country’s two major shipping firms include the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) and the National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades