Iran to export 20 million tons of petchem products on year
The reports revealed that the country produced 29 million tons of petrochemical products only in the first seven months of this Iranian year, 11.6 million tons of which were exported and 8.5 million tons sold in the local market. The amount of petrochemical products to be produced is expected to reach 50-51 million tons by the end of the year.
The Director of National Iranian Petrochemical Company (NPC) highlighted the country’s target to become the major petrochemical producer in the region in the next four years, placing itself in the center of the international market of polymers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?