Iran to export 20 million tons of petchem products on year
The reports revealed that the country produced 29 million tons of petrochemical products only in the first seven months of this Iranian year, 11.6 million tons of which were exported and 8.5 million tons sold in the local market. The amount of petrochemical products to be produced is expected to reach 50-51 million tons by the end of the year.
The Director of National Iranian Petrochemical Company (NPC) highlighted the country’s target to become the major petrochemical producer in the region in the next four years, placing itself in the center of the international market of polymers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe