Iran to export 20 million tons of petchem products on year
The reports revealed that the country produced 29 million tons of petrochemical products only in the first seven months of this Iranian year, 11.6 million tons of which were exported and 8.5 million tons sold in the local market. The amount of petrochemical products to be produced is expected to reach 50-51 million tons by the end of the year.
The Director of National Iranian Petrochemical Company (NPC) highlighted the country’s target to become the major petrochemical producer in the region in the next four years, placing itself in the center of the international market of polymers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure