Iranian EPS offers competitive edge in Europe
European EPS was traded €110-150/ton below October levels to bring overall EPS ranges to €1380-1430/ton for white non-flammable and €1380-1450/ton for white regular and black/grey non-flammable grades on FD Italy, 60 days basis.
Iranian EPS retained its competitiveness, standing €130-140/ton below the low end of the European price ranges. EPS white regular grade stood at €1250-1310/ton on DDP Italy, 30/60 days basis.
A converter refused an offer for Iranian EPS white regular grade, which was €150/ton lower compared to the previous offer. The buyer said, “Despite its competitiveness, the fact that cargoes were offered in big bags made it easier for us to decide.”
Nonetheless, long lead times as well as the gloomy outlook in the midst of low season deterred most European buyers from engaging in import cargoes this month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm