Iraq agrees OPEC oil output freeze is needed
In his statement, al-Abadi clearly indicated that Iraq supports freezing production were such a decision to be taken by OPEC. Members of OPEC will come together at the International Energy Forum which will take place in Algeria on September 26 to 28.
Oil Minister Jabar Al Luaibi underlined Iraq’s plans to play “a very active role” along with the other members of OPEC in order to back up prices. Iraq also raised its output, which is at about 4.6 million barrels per day nowadays.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets