Iraq and Venezuela see $75-80 as fair prices for oil
Previously, Saudi Arabia’s OPEC governor Mohammed al-Madi had reported that they did not think that oil prices would reach the $100-120/barrel threshold again in the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, OPEC is expected to keep its output target steady when it meets on June 5 in Vienna, with this reluctance to cut output being partially attributed to expectations that non-OPEC oil producers would not follow the cartel’s production cuts.
Currently, NYMEX July crude is standing at around $59/barrel during intraday trading while July Brent crude is at $63.22/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets