Irregular Chinese PVC offers show up in Turkey
Meanwhile, Chinese PVC k67 prices emerged this week at $1000-1015/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash in tandem with the stagnant demand across Asia. “These prices showed up as a result of unsatisfactory demand in the region, which also caused a Taiwanese PVC major to fail to obtain its initial April hikes of $20/ton in China and India by mid-week,” some players opined. The major had to revise its prices down, which was followed by a Thai producer’s price cut shortly after.
On the other hand, the recent Chinese PVC k67 prices were not found workable in Turkey considering more competitive offers at $1020-1030/ton CIF, cash for non-dutiable European origins and $960/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash for Brazilian cargoes.
Turkey imported only around 3800 tons of Chinese PVC in the whole 2016, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, out of a total import amount of almost 270,000 tons in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs