Irregular Chinese PVC offers show up in Turkey
Meanwhile, Chinese PVC k67 prices emerged this week at $1000-1015/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash in tandem with the stagnant demand across Asia. “These prices showed up as a result of unsatisfactory demand in the region, which also caused a Taiwanese PVC major to fail to obtain its initial April hikes of $20/ton in China and India by mid-week,” some players opined. The major had to revise its prices down, which was followed by a Thai producer’s price cut shortly after.
On the other hand, the recent Chinese PVC k67 prices were not found workable in Turkey considering more competitive offers at $1020-1030/ton CIF, cash for non-dutiable European origins and $960/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash for Brazilian cargoes.
Turkey imported only around 3800 tons of Chinese PVC in the whole 2016, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, out of a total import amount of almost 270,000 tons in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds