Irregular Chinese PVC offers show up in Turkey
Meanwhile, Chinese PVC k67 prices emerged this week at $1000-1015/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash in tandem with the stagnant demand across Asia. “These prices showed up as a result of unsatisfactory demand in the region, which also caused a Taiwanese PVC major to fail to obtain its initial April hikes of $20/ton in China and India by mid-week,” some players opined. The major had to revise its prices down, which was followed by a Thai producer’s price cut shortly after.
On the other hand, the recent Chinese PVC k67 prices were not found workable in Turkey considering more competitive offers at $1020-1030/ton CIF, cash for non-dutiable European origins and $960/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash for Brazilian cargoes.
Turkey imported only around 3800 tons of Chinese PVC in the whole 2016, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, out of a total import amount of almost 270,000 tons in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets