Irregular Chinese PVC offers show up in Turkey
Meanwhile, Chinese PVC k67 prices emerged this week at $1000-1015/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash in tandem with the stagnant demand across Asia. “These prices showed up as a result of unsatisfactory demand in the region, which also caused a Taiwanese PVC major to fail to obtain its initial April hikes of $20/ton in China and India by mid-week,” some players opined. The major had to revise its prices down, which was followed by a Thai producer’s price cut shortly after.
On the other hand, the recent Chinese PVC k67 prices were not found workable in Turkey considering more competitive offers at $1020-1030/ton CIF, cash for non-dutiable European origins and $960/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash for Brazilian cargoes.
Turkey imported only around 3800 tons of Chinese PVC in the whole 2016, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, out of a total import amount of almost 270,000 tons in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence