Irregular Chinese PVC offers show up in Turkey
Meanwhile, Chinese PVC k67 prices emerged this week at $1000-1015/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash in tandem with the stagnant demand across Asia. “These prices showed up as a result of unsatisfactory demand in the region, which also caused a Taiwanese PVC major to fail to obtain its initial April hikes of $20/ton in China and India by mid-week,” some players opined. The major had to revise its prices down, which was followed by a Thai producer’s price cut shortly after.
On the other hand, the recent Chinese PVC k67 prices were not found workable in Turkey considering more competitive offers at $1020-1030/ton CIF, cash for non-dutiable European origins and $960/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash for Brazilian cargoes.
Turkey imported only around 3800 tons of Chinese PVC in the whole 2016, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, out of a total import amount of almost 270,000 tons in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?