Irregular European PVC offers show up in Vietnam
The trader said, “We purchased some German and Polish PVC k67 at $850-860/ton CIF Vietnam, subject to 5% customs duty, cash. We think that the quality of these European origins is better when compared to most Asian origins while our done deal level stands below the prevailing offers in the market.”
At the start of the week, a major Taiwanese producer announced its November PVC prices to Asian countries, including Vietnam, with a $50/ton decrease from October at $900/ton CIF, cash.
In Vietnam, the overall range for mainstream import PVC k67 prices currently stand at $890-900/ton CIF, cash, subject to 5% duty for Taiwanese origin and 1% duty for Japanese origin.
A converter in the country commented, “We are waiting to receive November offers from other mainstream suppliers before deciding on our next purchase since we feel that prices still have room for further decreases.”
The emergence of European offers at competitive levels in Vietnam affirms the pressure on European sellers as their export offers to their main destination, Turkey, have also eased recently.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows