Irregular European PVC offers show up in Vietnam
The trader said, “We purchased some German and Polish PVC k67 at $850-860/ton CIF Vietnam, subject to 5% customs duty, cash. We think that the quality of these European origins is better when compared to most Asian origins while our done deal level stands below the prevailing offers in the market.”
At the start of the week, a major Taiwanese producer announced its November PVC prices to Asian countries, including Vietnam, with a $50/ton decrease from October at $900/ton CIF, cash.
In Vietnam, the overall range for mainstream import PVC k67 prices currently stand at $890-900/ton CIF, cash, subject to 5% duty for Taiwanese origin and 1% duty for Japanese origin.
A converter in the country commented, “We are waiting to receive November offers from other mainstream suppliers before deciding on our next purchase since we feel that prices still have room for further decreases.”
The emergence of European offers at competitive levels in Vietnam affirms the pressure on European sellers as their export offers to their main destination, Turkey, have also eased recently.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint