Irregular European PVC offers show up in Vietnam
The trader said, “We purchased some German and Polish PVC k67 at $850-860/ton CIF Vietnam, subject to 5% customs duty, cash. We think that the quality of these European origins is better when compared to most Asian origins while our done deal level stands below the prevailing offers in the market.”
At the start of the week, a major Taiwanese producer announced its November PVC prices to Asian countries, including Vietnam, with a $50/ton decrease from October at $900/ton CIF, cash.
In Vietnam, the overall range for mainstream import PVC k67 prices currently stand at $890-900/ton CIF, cash, subject to 5% duty for Taiwanese origin and 1% duty for Japanese origin.
A converter in the country commented, “We are waiting to receive November offers from other mainstream suppliers before deciding on our next purchase since we feel that prices still have room for further decreases.”
The emergence of European offers at competitive levels in Vietnam affirms the pressure on European sellers as their export offers to their main destination, Turkey, have also eased recently.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe