Irregular European PVC offers show up in Vietnam
The trader said, “We purchased some German and Polish PVC k67 at $850-860/ton CIF Vietnam, subject to 5% customs duty, cash. We think that the quality of these European origins is better when compared to most Asian origins while our done deal level stands below the prevailing offers in the market.”
At the start of the week, a major Taiwanese producer announced its November PVC prices to Asian countries, including Vietnam, with a $50/ton decrease from October at $900/ton CIF, cash.
In Vietnam, the overall range for mainstream import PVC k67 prices currently stand at $890-900/ton CIF, cash, subject to 5% duty for Taiwanese origin and 1% duty for Japanese origin.
A converter in the country commented, “We are waiting to receive November offers from other mainstream suppliers before deciding on our next purchase since we feel that prices still have room for further decreases.”
The emergence of European offers at competitive levels in Vietnam affirms the pressure on European sellers as their export offers to their main destination, Turkey, have also eased recently.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets