Irregular Indian PS shows up in Egypt at competitive prices
“Demand is still poor as buyers are only meeting their basic needs due to weak demand on their final products. Given the lack of support from the weakening crude oil and spot styrene market in Asia, import PS prices are expected remain soft in the near term,” commented the trader.
Currently, PS players in Egypt are taking a cautious stance due to uncertainty regarding the future market trend with some expecting the softening trend to persist in the near term due to a lack of support from the cost and demand side.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF