Irregular Indian PS shows up in Egypt at competitive prices
“Demand is still poor as buyers are only meeting their basic needs due to weak demand on their final products. Given the lack of support from the weakening crude oil and spot styrene market in Asia, import PS prices are expected remain soft in the near term,” commented the trader.
Currently, PS players in Egypt are taking a cautious stance due to uncertainty regarding the future market trend with some expecting the softening trend to persist in the near term due to a lack of support from the cost and demand side.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns