Irregular US, Brazilian homo-PP offers show up in Turkey
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the premium of Turkey’s import raffia market over China has drawn near to $100/ton following March hikes. This pointed to the widest premium since November 2018 when the gap between the two markets had hit $122/ton amid steeper falls in China.
This week, US homo-PP raffia offers showed up at $1160-1170/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Homo-PP fibre prices were at $1200-1210/ton for US and $1230-1260/ton for Brazilian cargos with the same terms. Prices at and above the $1250/ton CIF threshold were valid for nearer delivery terms.
“Reduced supplies from the Middle East triggered the recent rally for PP. Growing interest for dutiable cargos may be stemming from their advantage for buyers who export their end products,” a large trader commented.
According to some players, the recent offers are given for modest quantities and they may not be valid for long in case supply from Middle East sources finds a relief.
ChemOrbis Import Statistics revealed that Turkey’s homo-PP imports from the US stood at only 367 tons, while imports of Brazilian homo-PP totaled at 2069 tons for the full 2018.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out