Issue on raw material imports yet to be solved: PAGEV
In the press release, PAGEV stated that the issue has not been completely solved with the new regulation effective as of March 4 as the congestion at the borders gates moved to the relevant Provincial Directorates for Environment and Urban Planning. PAGEV also reported that the best solution would be to return to the declaration which was effective before the declaration dated February 17, 2015 in order to immediately pull waiting goods from customs and added that their request as to the return plan is unable to be met by the Ministry of Economy because of domestic producer Petkim’s case at the 10th Chamber of Council of State. In order to obtain results favorable to the market, PAGEV remarked that they would be joining the Ministry of Economy’s petition during the appellate procedure against Petkim’s case.
The recent congestion issues have significantly affected manufacturing activities in variety of sectors and have also resulted in hefty hikes in the prices of readily available goods inside the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets