Issue on raw material imports yet to be solved: PAGEV
In the press release, PAGEV stated that the issue has not been completely solved with the new regulation effective as of March 4 as the congestion at the borders gates moved to the relevant Provincial Directorates for Environment and Urban Planning. PAGEV also reported that the best solution would be to return to the declaration which was effective before the declaration dated February 17, 2015 in order to immediately pull waiting goods from customs and added that their request as to the return plan is unable to be met by the Ministry of Economy because of domestic producer Petkim’s case at the 10th Chamber of Council of State. In order to obtain results favorable to the market, PAGEV remarked that they would be joining the Ministry of Economy’s petition during the appellate procedure against Petkim’s case.
The recent congestion issues have significantly affected manufacturing activities in variety of sectors and have also resulted in hefty hikes in the prices of readily available goods inside the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint