Italy’s Eni mulls sale of Versalis stake to SK Capital
SK Capital would need to invest at least €1.5 billion ($1.7 billion) into Versalis, said CEO Claudio Descalzi. Eni has previously said that it would keep a substantial stake in Versalis to see whether business objectives were accomplished. Eni had previously committed to maintain Versalis in its current structure for at least five years while keeping employment levels unchanged for at least three years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand