Italy’s PP, PE imports increase in October 2014
On a product by product basis, Italy imported around 77,000 tons of homo-PP in October, up 8.4% from September, but down by 13.4% from October 2013. Germany was the top supplier to Italy with 14,857 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 14,644 tons. For PP copolymer, imports edged up 2.5% month on month to reach 41,000 tons in October, with Belgium being the top PP copolymer exporter to Italy with 10,066 tons. When compared to October 2013, copolymer imports are up by 20.5%.
Italy’s LDPE imports were up by 12.5% month over month to reach 45,000 tons in October. The top three exporters were France (11,376 tons), Belgium (8,772 tons) and the Netherlands (6,274 tons). Imports of LDPE climbed 15.4% when compared to October 2013. Imports for LLDPE were also up by 17.6% from the previous month at 20,000 tons and Belgium was the top supplier of LLDPE with 4,984 tons. LLDPE imports also gained 5.2% year on year. October HDPE imports rose 5.8% from September to 55,000 tons, with Germany being the top exporter (10,955 tons). When compared to October 2013, HDPE imports were slightly down by 1.8%.
Italy’s PVC imports dropped 6.6% month over month to reach 57,000 tons in October. When compared to October 2013, PVC imports were down by 1.7%. The top exporter was France with 25,522 tons, followed by Germany (9,124 tons).
PS imports declined around 5.6% from September to 17,000 tons. Belgium was the top supplier to Italy with 4,243 tons. Compared to October 2013, PS imports are almost unchanged.
Italy’s PET bottle imports saw a decrease of 8.7% from a month earlier in October while suggesting a larger drop of 16% compared to the same month of 2013. Imports for PET bottle reached around 21,000 tons, with Egypt being the top exporter with 8,426 tons followed by Indonesia (2,299 tons). When compared to September 2014, PET imports from Egypt appear to have surged by 112% whereas shipments from Indonesia have slumped by around 48%.
On the whole, the top polymer exporter to Italy in October was France with over 67,000 tons, followed by Germany (59,238 tons) and Belgium (49,855 tons). Meanwhile, overall polymer imports from Saudi Arabia surged over 200% in October 2014 after slumping by around 55% month on month in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September