Italy’s PP market maintains upward note
A South European producer concluded some spot PP deals for April at €1150-1200/ton for PP block copolymer injection and at €1100-1150/ton for homo-PP injection FD, 60 days. A producer source reported, “We lifted our hike requests from €60/ton to €70-80/ton with respect to March. We received a good number of orders while our supply is not ample.”
A distributor is giving April PP offers at €1120/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1200-1210/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. “We applied up to three-digit increases for April. Our supply is short, particularly for copolymers due to a maintenance shutdown at our West European supplier’s PP plant,” he commented. Another distributor lifted his West European PP prices by €100/ton from March to €1170/ton for homo-PP and to €1220/ton for PP block copolymer injection, FD, 60 days. The distributor reported holding limited stocks, especially for homo-PP, this month.
A converter reported making some purchases for April with increases of €80/ton from his March deals at €1030/ton for homo-PP and at €1080/ton for PP block copolymer on an FD basis. The buyer commented, “We limited our purchases this month after building some stocks in the past few months so we don’t need to secure large quantities. Given the firm outlook, we are mulling over buying some import cargoes even though they are not offered at very competitive levels.”
In the import market, April offers for Indian homo-PP injection were quoted at €1050-1060/ton DDP, including 3% customs duty, 60 days. Saudi Arabian homo-PP injection was offered at €1000/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, cash. For PP block copolymer injection, South Korean cargoes for early June delivery were offered at €1100-1120/ton CIF, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets