Italy’s PP market maintains upward note
A South European producer concluded some spot PP deals for April at €1150-1200/ton for PP block copolymer injection and at €1100-1150/ton for homo-PP injection FD, 60 days. A producer source reported, “We lifted our hike requests from €60/ton to €70-80/ton with respect to March. We received a good number of orders while our supply is not ample.”
A distributor is giving April PP offers at €1120/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1200-1210/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. “We applied up to three-digit increases for April. Our supply is short, particularly for copolymers due to a maintenance shutdown at our West European supplier’s PP plant,” he commented. Another distributor lifted his West European PP prices by €100/ton from March to €1170/ton for homo-PP and to €1220/ton for PP block copolymer injection, FD, 60 days. The distributor reported holding limited stocks, especially for homo-PP, this month.
A converter reported making some purchases for April with increases of €80/ton from his March deals at €1030/ton for homo-PP and at €1080/ton for PP block copolymer on an FD basis. The buyer commented, “We limited our purchases this month after building some stocks in the past few months so we don’t need to secure large quantities. Given the firm outlook, we are mulling over buying some import cargoes even though they are not offered at very competitive levels.”
In the import market, April offers for Indian homo-PP injection were quoted at €1050-1060/ton DDP, including 3% customs duty, 60 days. Saudi Arabian homo-PP injection was offered at €1000/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, cash. For PP block copolymer injection, South Korean cargoes for early June delivery were offered at €1100-1120/ton CIF, 60 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem