Italy’s PP trades at a discount compared to Turkey
Along with these sustained decreases, Italy’s PP market appears to have lost its traditional premium over the nearby Turkish market, where PP prices have been on a rather stable to soft trend since the beginning of June. European cargoes are being offered almost at par in both markets although Italy traditionally sees higher levels in its local market.
The major reasons behind this situation are the ample supplies and unsatisfactory demand across Europe. A West European producer who issued a €150/ton decrease for July PP gentlemen’s agreements said, “Given ample supply and unsatisfactory demand, we may have to concede to the full propylene decrease amount.” The company source also opines that demand is not likely to improve in the midst of the approaching summer holidays in August while supply remains long in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support