Italy’s annual retail sales rise for first time in five years
Italy’s retail sales also rose 0.6% on the year in December. However, the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales declined 0.1% on the month after posting an increase of 0.2% in November. The country’s sales were also down 0.2% in the October-December period compared with the third quarter of 2015.
Previously, Istat data showed that the country’s industrial orders fell for the first time in three months in December, declining 2.8% on the month following a gain of 1.5% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia