Italy’s annual retail sales rise for first time in five years
Italy’s retail sales also rose 0.6% on the year in December. However, the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales declined 0.1% on the month after posting an increase of 0.2% in November. The country’s sales were also down 0.2% in the October-December period compared with the third quarter of 2015.
Previously, Istat data showed that the country’s industrial orders fell for the first time in three months in December, declining 2.8% on the month following a gain of 1.5% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion