Italy’s annual retail sales rise for first time in five years
Italy’s retail sales also rose 0.6% on the year in December. However, the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales declined 0.1% on the month after posting an increase of 0.2% in November. The country’s sales were also down 0.2% in the October-December period compared with the third quarter of 2015.
Previously, Istat data showed that the country’s industrial orders fell for the first time in three months in December, declining 2.8% on the month following a gain of 1.5% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand