Italy’s annual retail sales rise for first time in five years
Italy’s retail sales also rose 0.6% on the year in December. However, the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales declined 0.1% on the month after posting an increase of 0.2% in November. The country’s sales were also down 0.2% in the October-December period compared with the third quarter of 2015.
Previously, Istat data showed that the country’s industrial orders fell for the first time in three months in December, declining 2.8% on the month following a gain of 1.5% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec