Italy’s annual retail sales rise for first time in five years
Italy’s retail sales also rose 0.6% on the year in December. However, the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales declined 0.1% on the month after posting an increase of 0.2% in November. The country’s sales were also down 0.2% in the October-December period compared with the third quarter of 2015.
Previously, Istat data showed that the country’s industrial orders fell for the first time in three months in December, declining 2.8% on the month following a gain of 1.5% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS markets unfazed by losses in crude oil futures
- Local PP recovers from multi-year lows in Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia
- Firming falters in China’s PET market on lower crude, pre-holiday lull
- Firming in HDPE lags behind LLDPE, LDPE on plastic bag ban in SE Asia
- PP markets witness hike attempts for Jan in Europe
- European PE opens post-holiday period on firm note, buyers stay cautious
- PP, PE sellers lift offers to Vietnam despite pre-holiday lull
- Asian PVC markets hit 3-month high, led by Taiwanese major’s Feb pricing
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets edge higher after a year of weakness
- Will Asian ABS resume firming amid higher crude, Chinese New Year?