Italy’s commercial car sales surge 37% in November
UNRAE stated November sales volumes reached highest levels seen in more than five years in Italy. Following years of decline, commercial vehicle sales in Italy have increased every month since the beginning of 2015. For the past few months, sales rose 15% in October, 4.7% in September, 25.3% in August and 7.4% in July from the same months of the previous year.
Italy’s carmaker association UNRAE expects commercial vehicle sales to expand by 12-13% to reach around 135,000 units this year, up from its previous estimate of 130,000. Another Italian automaker association, Federauto, meanwhile, expects growth in car sales to rise by 5% to 1.426 million units in 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?