Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge 47.6% in September
Commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 40.7% to 130,898 year over year in the January-September period. It is near the 133,790 units that were sold for the whole of 2015. UNRAE forecasts a 31% rise in sales to reach 175,000 for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 23% with 165,000 units for the year.
According to Italian Transport Ministry, the country’s new car sales climbed 17.4% to 153,617 units on a yearly basis in September while new car sales rose 17.4% to 1.41 million units year over year in January-September.
However, UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "in the last three months [of 2016] the rate of increase will likely slow down."
UNRAE forecasts that vehicle sales will increase 13% on the year and reach 1.78 million units in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand