Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge 47.6% in September
Commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 40.7% to 130,898 year over year in the January-September period. It is near the 133,790 units that were sold for the whole of 2015. UNRAE forecasts a 31% rise in sales to reach 175,000 for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 23% with 165,000 units for the year.
According to Italian Transport Ministry, the country’s new car sales climbed 17.4% to 153,617 units on a yearly basis in September while new car sales rose 17.4% to 1.41 million units year over year in January-September.
However, UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "in the last three months [of 2016] the rate of increase will likely slow down."
UNRAE forecasts that vehicle sales will increase 13% on the year and reach 1.78 million units in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike