Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge 47.6% in September
Commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 40.7% to 130,898 year over year in the January-September period. It is near the 133,790 units that were sold for the whole of 2015. UNRAE forecasts a 31% rise in sales to reach 175,000 for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 23% with 165,000 units for the year.
According to Italian Transport Ministry, the country’s new car sales climbed 17.4% to 153,617 units on a yearly basis in September while new car sales rose 17.4% to 1.41 million units year over year in January-September.
However, UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "in the last three months [of 2016] the rate of increase will likely slow down."
UNRAE forecasts that vehicle sales will increase 13% on the year and reach 1.78 million units in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec