Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge again in August
In July, commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 46.9% year over year while sales are up 39.6% in the first eight months of the year to 114,185 units. UNRAE forecasts a 23% rise in sales for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 15% for the year.
UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "The fiscal incentives have clearly demonstrated they work and it is fundamental that they carry on next year too so that the acceleration of the renewal of the car fleet that is so fundamental to our economy can continue."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect