Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge again in August
In July, commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 46.9% year over year while sales are up 39.6% in the first eight months of the year to 114,185 units. UNRAE forecasts a 23% rise in sales for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 15% for the year.
UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "The fiscal incentives have clearly demonstrated they work and it is fundamental that they carry on next year too so that the acceleration of the renewal of the car fleet that is so fundamental to our economy can continue."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike