Italy’s commercial vehicle sales surge again in August
In July, commercial vehicle sales saw an increase of 46.9% year over year while sales are up 39.6% in the first eight months of the year to 114,185 units. UNRAE forecasts a 23% rise in sales for the year 2016. This figure is up from forecasts released in June which called for an increase of 15% for the year.
UNRAE president Massimo Nordio said in the statement, "The fiscal incentives have clearly demonstrated they work and it is fundamental that they carry on next year too so that the acceleration of the renewal of the car fleet that is so fundamental to our economy can continue."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec