Italy’s factory orders down, retail sales increase in Nov
On a yearly basis, the country’s factory orders declined 4.1% in November compared with a 0.2% drop reported in October. Domestic orders were down 3.9% while export orders declined 2.9% in the same month.
Meanwhile, Italy’s retail sales rose for the first time since April in November, posting an increase of 0.1% owing to food product sales rising by 0.2%. However, on a yearly basis, the country’s retail sales contracted 2.3% in November following a decrease of 1% in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May