Italy’s factory output down 0.9% in Sept
On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial production fell 2.9% in September, significantly below the 0.7% decrease predicted by economists. Production also edged down 1.1% in the July- September period when compared to the second quarter.
Meanwhile, the European Commission forecasted a contraction of 0.4% this year and an expansion of 0.6% in 2015 for the Italian economy. Analysts stated that the recent loss in industrial production suggests that Italian economic may fall below the Commission’s estimates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high