Italy’s factory output down 0.9% in Sept
On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial production fell 2.9% in September, significantly below the 0.7% decrease predicted by economists. Production also edged down 1.1% in the July- September period when compared to the second quarter.
Meanwhile, the European Commission forecasted a contraction of 0.4% this year and an expansion of 0.6% in 2015 for the Italian economy. Analysts stated that the recent loss in industrial production suggests that Italian economic may fall below the Commission’s estimates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June