Italy’s factory output falls faster than forecast in August
The decrease was led by lower energy production which fell 4.3% from a month earlier. Meanwhile, production for consumer goods decreased 0.7% while durable goods production was down 2.4% in August. The data also revealed that investment goods output remained stable in August while production of intermediate goods slid 0.4%.
On a yearly basis, however, Italy’s industrial output rose 1% in workday-adjusted terms in August, lower than economists’ expectations which called for a gain of 1.4%.
In September, the Italian government raised their economic growth forecasts to 0.9% for 2015 from their previous estimate of 0.7% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem