Italy’s factory output falls faster than forecast in August
The decrease was led by lower energy production which fell 4.3% from a month earlier. Meanwhile, production for consumer goods decreased 0.7% while durable goods production was down 2.4% in August. The data also revealed that investment goods output remained stable in August while production of intermediate goods slid 0.4%.
On a yearly basis, however, Italy’s industrial output rose 1% in workday-adjusted terms in August, lower than economists’ expectations which called for a gain of 1.4%.
In September, the Italian government raised their economic growth forecasts to 0.9% for 2015 from their previous estimate of 0.7% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa