Italy’s factory output unexpectedly increases in July
Energy output grew 7.1% from a month earlier while production for consumer goods and capital goods rose 1% and 0.3% on the month, respectively in July. Meanwhile, intermediate goods posted a monthly increase of 0.8%.
On a yearly basis, industrial output posted a calendar adjusted increase of 2.7%, exceeding economists’ expectations which called for a gain of 0.8%. In June, industrial output had declined 0.3% compared with the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa