Italy’s factory output unexpectedly increases in July
Energy output grew 7.1% from a month earlier while production for consumer goods and capital goods rose 1% and 0.3% on the month, respectively in July. Meanwhile, intermediate goods posted a monthly increase of 0.8%.
On a yearly basis, industrial output posted a calendar adjusted increase of 2.7%, exceeding economists’ expectations which called for a gain of 0.8%. In June, industrial output had declined 0.3% compared with the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce