Italy’s industrial orders decline in December
Lower orders were attributed to a drop in demand from the domestic market, which fell 4.8% in December. Export orders, however, edged up 0.2%.
Istat data showed that Italy’s December industrial sales were down 1.6% on a monthly basis after decreasing 1.1% in November. On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial turnover slipped 3% following a rise of 0.8% in the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers