Italy’s industrial orders decline in December
Lower orders were attributed to a drop in demand from the domestic market, which fell 4.8% in December. Export orders, however, edged up 0.2%.
Istat data showed that Italy’s December industrial sales were down 1.6% on a monthly basis after decreasing 1.1% in November. On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial turnover slipped 3% following a rise of 0.8% in the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds