Italy’s industrial orders, retail sales rebound in Oct
After recording a 6.8% drop in September, industrial sales posted a 0.9% increase on a monthly basis in October while domestic demand also rose by 1%. However, the country’s industrial orders posted a decrease of 3.2% year-on-year when compared to an increase of 2.6% in September.
Istat data showed that industrial turnover in Italy rose by 0.8% in October on a monthly basis while it was down by 0.9% on a yearly basis.
Retail sales also posted an increase by 1.2% month-on-month although it decreased by 0.2% on a yearly basis, albeit at a slower pace than in September, the data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion