Italy’s industrial orders, retail sales rebound in Oct
After recording a 6.8% drop in September, industrial sales posted a 0.9% increase on a monthly basis in October while domestic demand also rose by 1%. However, the country’s industrial orders posted a decrease of 3.2% year-on-year when compared to an increase of 2.6% in September.
Istat data showed that industrial turnover in Italy rose by 0.8% in October on a monthly basis while it was down by 0.9% on a yearly basis.
Retail sales also posted an increase by 1.2% month-on-month although it decreased by 0.2% on a yearly basis, albeit at a slower pace than in September, the data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand