Italy’s industrial orders, retail sales rebound in Oct
After recording a 6.8% drop in September, industrial sales posted a 0.9% increase on a monthly basis in October while domestic demand also rose by 1%. However, the country’s industrial orders posted a decrease of 3.2% year-on-year when compared to an increase of 2.6% in September.
Istat data showed that industrial turnover in Italy rose by 0.8% in October on a monthly basis while it was down by 0.9% on a yearly basis.
Retail sales also posted an increase by 1.2% month-on-month although it decreased by 0.2% on a yearly basis, albeit at a slower pace than in September, the data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?