Italy’s industrial output unexpectedly down in January
ISTAT had earlier stated that cheaper oil prices and the weaker euro are likely to support companies’ output and exports in the upcoming period and will allow the country to exit from an approximately three-and-half year recession.
According to a report dated February 27 by the statistics institute, the Italian economy will grow 0.1% in the three months ending in March while the European Commission reportedly expects the country’s economy to expand by 0.6% this year and 1.3% in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record