Italy’s industrial output unexpectedly down in January
ISTAT had earlier stated that cheaper oil prices and the weaker euro are likely to support companies’ output and exports in the upcoming period and will allow the country to exit from an approximately three-and-half year recession.
According to a report dated February 27 by the statistics institute, the Italian economy will grow 0.1% in the three months ending in March while the European Commission reportedly expects the country’s economy to expand by 0.6% this year and 1.3% in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East