Italy’s industrial production dropped unexpectedly in April
Energy output posted a decline of 1.3% on a monthly basis while the country’s consumer goods output fell by 1.2% on the month. On a yearly basis, however, the country’s industrial output increased 0.1% on a calendar adjusted basis.
Meanwhile, Italy’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.3% on a quarterly basis and 0.1% on a yearly basis. Italy’s government is expecting the economy to grow by 0.7% in 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns