Italy’s industrial production up, retail sales down in Feb
The country’s industrial production also increased annually by 1.9% in February following a revised fall of 0.2% in the same month of last year.
Meanwhile, Italy’s retail sales were down by 0.3% on a monthly basis in February after a rise of 1.4% in January and exceeded the expectations of a fall of 0.1%. The monthly fall was driven by a decline in the sales of food products by 1.1% and in sales of non-food products by 0.1%.
The country’s retail sales were also down by 1% on a yearly basis after it remained unchanged in January from the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures