Italy’s polymer imports decline in November 2014
On a product by product basis, Italy imported around 76,000 tons of homo-PP in November, down 1.3% from October and by 8.4% from the same month of 2013. Germany was the top supplier to Italy with 15,960 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 14,613 tons. For PP copolymer, imports are unchanged month on month at 41,000 tons in November, with Belgium remaining the top PP copolymer exporter to Italy with 8,704 tons. When compared to November 2013, copolymer imports are up by 7.9%.
Italy’s LDPE imports were down by 4.4% month over month at 43,000 tons in November. The top three exporters were France (11,241 tons), Belgium (8,370 tons) and the Netherlands (5,715 tons). Imports of LDPE declined 12.2% when compared to November 2013. Imports for LLDPE were stable from the previous month at 20,000 tons and Belgium was the top supplier of LLDPE with 5,983 tons. LLDPE imports also dropped 9% year on year. November HDPE imports slipped 10.9% from October to 49,000 tons, with Germany being the top exporter (9,990 tons). When compared to November 2013, HDPE imports were down by 12.5%.
Italy’s PVC imports dropped 14% month over month to reach 49,000 tons in November. When compared to November 2013, PVC imports were down by 12.5%. The top exporter was France with 20,876 tons, followed by Germany (8,924 tons).
PS imports declined around 17.6% from October to 14,000 tons. Belgium was the top supplier to Italy with 3,995 tons. Compared to November 2013, PS imports fell by 6.6%.
Italy’s PET bottle imports saw a decrease of 4.7% from a month earlier in November while registering a larger drop of 9% compared to the same month of 2013. Imports for PET bottle reached around 20,000 tons, with Egypt losing its spot as the top exporter to Indonesia, which exported 4,488 tons of PET bottle to Italy.
Despite registering a drop of over 10% in its exports, France maintain its spot as the top polymer exporter to Italy in November with 60,355 tons, followed by Germany (57,479 tons) and Belgium (46,789 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback