Italy’s retail sales down on month, up on year
Accordingly, the country’s retail sales decreased for two consecutive months in May by 0.1% on a monthly basis and fell behind the economists’ expectation of an increase of 0.3%. This stemmed from a decrease in the sales of food products by 0.8% and pulled down the slight increase of 0.3% in the sales of non-food products.
However, the country’s retail sales were up by 1% in May on a yearly basis due to the increases in the sales of food and non-food products by 1.1% and 0.9%, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years