Italy’s retail sales down on month, up on year
Accordingly, the country’s retail sales decreased for two consecutive months in May by 0.1% on a monthly basis and fell behind the economists’ expectation of an increase of 0.3%. This stemmed from a decrease in the sales of food products by 0.8% and pulled down the slight increase of 0.3% in the sales of non-food products.
However, the country’s retail sales were up by 1% in May on a yearly basis due to the increases in the sales of food and non-food products by 1.1% and 0.9%, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally