Italy’s retail sales, factory orders increase in Feb
Retail sales for food products increased 0.5% year over year in February while non-food store sales declined by 0.3%. On a monthly basis, meanwhile, Italy’s retail sales posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.2% in February.
Meanwhile, the country’s industrial orders increased 0.8% on the month in February following a decrease of 3.7% in January. The increase was attributed to stronger domestic and foreign demand. Foreign orders climbed 0.4% while domestic demand grew 1.2% in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced