Italy’s retail sales, industrial orders fall in May
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, industrial orders declined for the first time in four months, falling by 0.5% in May compared with a gain of 7.9% in the previous month. Economists’ initial estimates had called for a gain of 5.5% in May. Total Industrial sales, however, increased 2.4% in May on a calendar adjusted basis after showing a slight decrease of 0.2% in the previous month.
The country’s retail sales, meanwhile, posted a seasonally adjusted decrease of 0.1% on the month in May after rising 0.7% in the previous month. Economists’ initial estimates called for retail sales to remain the same. On a yearly basis, sales increased 0.3% after staying stable in April. Economists’ preliminary expectations had called for an increase of 0.2% on a yearly basis. Sales for food products posted a slight decrease of 0.2% on the year while non-food sales remained at the same level in May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets