Italy’s retail sales rebound in January
The data showed that the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales in January were up by 1.4% on a monthly basis, after a fall of 0.5% in December and beat the economists’ estimates of a slight increase of 0.2%.
The increase in retail sales in January was driven by a monthly increase of 2.3% in sales of food products and 0.8% in sales of non-food products.
Meanwhile, the country’s retail sales in January were down slightly by 0.1% after a drop of 0.2% in December and stood below the expectations of a rise of 0.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record