Italy’s retail sales rebound in January
The data showed that the country’s seasonally adjusted retail sales in January were up by 1.4% on a monthly basis, after a fall of 0.5% in December and beat the economists’ estimates of a slight increase of 0.2%.
The increase in retail sales in January was driven by a monthly increase of 2.3% in sales of food products and 0.8% in sales of non-food products.
Meanwhile, the country’s retail sales in January were down slightly by 0.1% after a drop of 0.2% in December and stood below the expectations of a rise of 0.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?