Italy’s retail sales rise, industrial orders fall in January
The country’s food sales increased 0.4% on a monthly basis while non-food sales remained stable.
Meanwhile, according to a separate report compiled by ISTAT, Italy’s industrial orders declined 3.6% month over month in January after increasing 4.5% in the previous month. A 9% decline in export markets were blamed for the decrease. However, domestic orders advanced 0.7% in January.
On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial orders dropped 5.5% in January compared with a 5.8% increase in December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high