JG Summit Petrochemicals’ profit down 42.5% Jan-Sept
The company’s net income rose 88% year over year to pesos 15.9 billion ($354.99 million) in the January- September period from pesos 8.4 billion reported in the same period of last year. EBITDA increased 35.4% to reach pesos 35.4 billion ($787 million) in the first nine months of 2014 while the company’s consolidated revenues were also up 19.3% to reach pesos 132.7 billion ($2.95 billion) when compared to pesos 111.18 billion a year earlier owing to the strong performance of its major subsidiaries.
However, JG Summit Petrochemicals’ net profit fell 42.5% to pesos 556.87 million ($12.3 million) in the first nine months compared with pesos 967.74 million in the same period of last year. The decrease was attributed to technical shutdowns affecting the company’s production since October, 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe