JG Summit Petrochemicals’ profit down 42.5% Jan-Sept
The company’s net income rose 88% year over year to pesos 15.9 billion ($354.99 million) in the January- September period from pesos 8.4 billion reported in the same period of last year. EBITDA increased 35.4% to reach pesos 35.4 billion ($787 million) in the first nine months of 2014 while the company’s consolidated revenues were also up 19.3% to reach pesos 132.7 billion ($2.95 billion) when compared to pesos 111.18 billion a year earlier owing to the strong performance of its major subsidiaries.
However, JG Summit Petrochemicals’ net profit fell 42.5% to pesos 556.87 million ($12.3 million) in the first nine months compared with pesos 967.74 million in the same period of last year. The decrease was attributed to technical shutdowns affecting the company’s production since October, 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia