JG Summit awards contract for complex expansion in Philippines
Fluor will provide program management services and carry out utility, offsite and infrastructure work at the complex. The project will also reportedly introduce new and improved downstream units.
The project, which is expected to be completed as of the end of 2020, will boost JG Summit’s ethylene production by 160,000 ton/year and its propylene production by 50,000 ton/year.
The value of the contract was not disclosed at the time of publication.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe