January PP, PE offers emerge at higher levels in Kenya
Following the recent price hikes, the latest PE offers stood at $1170-1180/ton for HDPE film and inj., $1200-1220/ton for HDPE b/m, $1110-1120/ton for LLDPE C4 film and $1440-1460/ton for LDPE film, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
A major Saudi supplier’s PPH inj. and raffia offers were $80/ton higher from December at $1330-1340/ton while PPBC inj. offers stood at $1380-1400/ton, with the same terms. However, a trader based in Nairobi reported concluding deals for Chinese materials at $1420-1440/ton for PPH raffia and $1500/ton for PPBC inj.
“Middle Eastern suppliers had little-to-no availability for Kenya this month. This led us turn to Chinese materials, which were offered at higher levels as compared to the notional Middle Eastern prices,” the trader said.
The trader also reported that tight allocations gave no room for negotiations in prices, adding that that the upcoming shutdowns in the Middle East could tighten the supply further through February and March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon