January PVC prices emerging across Europe
An agent of a South European producer started giving January PVC offers with rollovers from December in Belgium. “Trading activities are calm so far as many players won’t return to the market until after the first week of January. We heard that some suppliers are aiming for slight hikes of €10/ton so decreases are unlikely for now while we are yet to receive feedback from buyers,” he commented.
A converter in Germany expressed his January buy ideas for PVC with rollovers from December while he is planning to start making price inquiries later this week. According to the buyer, his suppliers will issue mainly rollovers following the small drop in ethylene contracts, similar to their December pricing.
In Italy, a distributor started giving initial January PVC offers with decreases of €10/ton for Central European origins. The seller expects trading activities to remain arrested until after the first week of January due to a national holiday on January 6.
Another distributor also voiced his January sell ideas with discounts of €10/ton for South European PVC. The seller noted, “The market is quiet for now and we expect trading activities to revive by the end of this week following the bank holiday. Our supplier is likely to concede to slight discounts following the lower ethylene settlement.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers