January PVC prices emerging across Europe
An agent of a South European producer started giving January PVC offers with rollovers from December in Belgium. “Trading activities are calm so far as many players won’t return to the market until after the first week of January. We heard that some suppliers are aiming for slight hikes of €10/ton so decreases are unlikely for now while we are yet to receive feedback from buyers,” he commented.
A converter in Germany expressed his January buy ideas for PVC with rollovers from December while he is planning to start making price inquiries later this week. According to the buyer, his suppliers will issue mainly rollovers following the small drop in ethylene contracts, similar to their December pricing.
In Italy, a distributor started giving initial January PVC offers with decreases of €10/ton for Central European origins. The seller expects trading activities to remain arrested until after the first week of January due to a national holiday on January 6.
Another distributor also voiced his January sell ideas with discounts of €10/ton for South European PVC. The seller noted, “The market is quiet for now and we expect trading activities to revive by the end of this week following the bank holiday. Our supplier is likely to concede to slight discounts following the lower ethylene settlement.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia