January PVC prices emerging across Europe
An agent of a South European producer started giving January PVC offers with rollovers from December in Belgium. “Trading activities are calm so far as many players won’t return to the market until after the first week of January. We heard that some suppliers are aiming for slight hikes of €10/ton so decreases are unlikely for now while we are yet to receive feedback from buyers,” he commented.
A converter in Germany expressed his January buy ideas for PVC with rollovers from December while he is planning to start making price inquiries later this week. According to the buyer, his suppliers will issue mainly rollovers following the small drop in ethylene contracts, similar to their December pricing.
In Italy, a distributor started giving initial January PVC offers with decreases of €10/ton for Central European origins. The seller expects trading activities to remain arrested until after the first week of January due to a national holiday on January 6.
Another distributor also voiced his January sell ideas with discounts of €10/ton for South European PVC. The seller noted, “The market is quiet for now and we expect trading activities to revive by the end of this week following the bank holiday. Our supplier is likely to concede to slight discounts following the lower ethylene settlement.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE and PVC imports from US flooding Europe
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance