January PX contracts announced in Asia
India’s Reliance Industries also nominated its January PX contracts at $1100/ton. This marked the first time that the Indian major officially started negotiating and reporting its Asian contract prices.
Meanwhile, South Korean SK Global Chemical (SKGC) announced its new contract prices for January at $1120/ton CFR.
The last major settlement for PX was agreed in September at $1340/ton.
Spot PX prices are currently reported at around $930/ton FOB Korea, down by $50-55/ton from the beginning of December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply