January ethylene, propylene contracts settle in Europe
The new ethylene contract was agreed at 1057€/ton ($1267/ton with the recent parity) FD NWE, with a rollover from December.
New January propylene contract in Europe stands at €912/ton ($1093/ton with recent parity) FD NWE and indicates an increase of €20/ton ($35/ton with recent parity) over December settlement.
In Europe, spot ethylene prices are currently reported at around €983/ton FD NWE, while spot propylene prices stand at 858€/ton FD NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices