January propylene contracts settle in US
The settlements were at 60.50 cents/lb ($1333/ton) for polymer-grade propylene and 59 cents/lb ($1300/ton) for chemical-grade propylene, all on FD USG basis. The latest contract levels are now standing at 29-month highs.
According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot polymer-grade propylene prices in the US were last reported at around $1350/ton (61 cents/lb) FD USG. The figure indicated a sharp increase of around $140/ton (6 cents/Ib) from the beginning of January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon