Japan, EU to agree on framework of free trade by 2017
The discussions between the parties involve cuts in EU tariffs on Japanese autos, auto parts and electronic devices and cuts in Japanese tariffs on agricultural products on the EU’s part, the reports revealed.
The EU Trade Commissioner and Japanese Foreign Minister will meet in Japan next week with efforts to work out the framework for the deal and finalize the negotiations. After the negotiations end, it will be made clear when the deal will be effective.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes