Japan, EU to agree on framework of free trade by 2017
The discussions between the parties involve cuts in EU tariffs on Japanese autos, auto parts and electronic devices and cuts in Japanese tariffs on agricultural products on the EU’s part, the reports revealed.
The EU Trade Commissioner and Japanese Foreign Minister will meet in Japan next week with efforts to work out the framework for the deal and finalize the negotiations. After the negotiations end, it will be made clear when the deal will be effective.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets