Japan, EU to agree on framework of free trade by 2017
The discussions between the parties involve cuts in EU tariffs on Japanese autos, auto parts and electronic devices and cuts in Japanese tariffs on agricultural products on the EU’s part, the reports revealed.
The EU Trade Commissioner and Japanese Foreign Minister will meet in Japan next week with efforts to work out the framework for the deal and finalize the negotiations. After the negotiations end, it will be made clear when the deal will be effective.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019