Japan opens anti-dumping investigation on PET imports
The investigation was initiated after four PET producers, Mitsui Chemicals, Mitsubishi Chemical, Japan UniPET and Echizen Polymer made a request to the government, claiming that PET imports from China were available at prices below the levels prevailing in the domestic market.
METI stated that the investigation is expected to be completed in a year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019