Japan’s Asahi Kasei, Mitsubishi Chem form JV for a joint cracker
The joint venture is expected to start up in April 1, 2016. Currently, Nishi Nippon Ethylene LLP is operating the companies’ naphtha crackers in Mizushima and once the joint venture comes on stream, Nishi Nippon Ethylene LLP will perform the removal and disposal of equipment necessary to launch the unified naphtha cracker.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PET markets on uptrend, yet cautiousness persists
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks