Japan’s Asahi Kasei permanently shuts Mizushima cracker, SM plant
Meanwhile, Asahi Kasei is planning to halt production at its No.3 styrene plant in Mizushima on February 19 for a planned turnaround. The maintenance is expected to last around 45-50 days. The plant has a production capacity of 390,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets